Standings Long Night of the Ring 2020

Wichtiges rund um die Rennen der EOLC / Important information concerning EOLC races.
uli

Re: Standings Long Night of the Ring 2020

Post by uli » 20 Dec 2020, 20:32

Many, many thanks to the EOLC and especially to you David.
The timing this year was record-breaking! BRAVO, congratulations, well done!
I am very happy that this beautiful tradition will be continued!!!!

For me it was the absolute highlight of the season, a great conclusion to my tuff, successful season this year, even though after so many years of abstinence from GPL67! Without any preparation, I partly had big problems with my old setups (Ferrari e.g. pB setup from 2009). Where I had a current setup it didn't go badly and I could finally finish the FULL Grand Prix in the 5th attempt. :)
Apart from my stupid mishaps (BRM with standard set-up with 189 litres ??? :rolleyes: ), my ignorance of the rules (no points for abandonment), set-up and grid problems and above all my many driving errors, I had a lot of FUN most of the time and for shure I will be back again in 2021, if my grandchildren allow that. ;)
Sorry again to the colleagues who I attacked a little too optimistically or aggressively, especially in the first two races. What I can say from my memory is that I have never experienced such patient aliens and so few collisions as this year. As a self-confessed opponent of Shift-R, my wish to drive the Sprint-Races WITHOUT Shift-R seems obsolete - what a pity!?

Congratulations to our new SUPERSTARS, RING MASTER ROBERT and GRAND PRIX WINNER KENI !!! :champagner:

I wish the EOLC and all riders a Happy New Year and hope that everyone will be back at the Long Ring Night in 2021, maybe with some more cars.

:prost:

Bastian Grupp

Post by Bastian Grupp » 21 Dec 2020, 10:51

What a great race night over all again. Thx to David for making it true ;)

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 21 Dec 2020, 14:14

Many thanks to David for organizing and thanks to all drivers for competing! :) I did enjoy Race 3 the most, close racing all the way and a hard fought win in the Cooper! :daumenrauf:

Sharing thoughts for Pedro's and Manfred's family!

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 22 Dec 2020, 18:24

Keni can't post, so here are his racereports. Thanks Keni, you made an huge impression and it was great to finally meet on track. :)
Many thanks to David for host and all drivers for the good fun!

Race one was on Honda, more than 10 years than the last time with it on a race, but it was my best race, and I got a podium!

Race two on BRM was a bad race, some mistakes, one like you on GP...

Race three seems a good race for me on Cooper, I race with it this 2020 and aleays wss a friendly car for me, but was a nightmare, just made a stupid mistake on the last sector on the last jump and lost it and lost my focus...

On race 4 with Eagle was lucky to be on the first places in the grid, but always be my worst car (worst from fastest cars) but was a good chance if fast guys are in the brabhams and run on my back.

Race 5 I was really lucky with the wrong grid, was on front row and I take the Lotus to make a good climbing against Ferraris.

On Race 6 I use the Brabham, sounds good if I can take some advantage on twisty parts and I have some meters on fasts, and it works, but I made a stupid mistake and lost two places.

Race 7 I feel really fast, and made a good start. I was on attack mode and taking some advantage with Carsten and his lotus and was on P2 closing up with Uli, but he spun and I cant avoid the crash, a shame because I feel really fast and safe with Ferrari.

Ferrari was my first option for GP, I used it on the last race for this, and Brabham was my option 2 for the same reason I used on race 6... but when Carsten select the Honda... no Honda no please, so I prefer my reliable Coop, hoping my feeling after 7 sprint races was better than race 2 and 3. I saw your times with BRM on training days, but Cooper its better on the Ring, so I try to stay focus all time just made one spin in adenauer too, but I was really lucky to be alive after that, but you keep pushing all time and was really fun trying to keep you away from me hehe, sadly you crash and last 2 laps was really a torture. I was broken too, my eyes were burning, my back full of pin, I need a couple of minutes to be able to stand up again... but it was worth it, great event. I hope the next year can be in better shape with 67s and fight for the title hehehe

Sanjin Haler

Post by Sanjin Haler » 26 Dec 2020, 23:46

Thanks to David again.

Nice to see this going.

Well done to Robert and Keni.

Nice to see Carsten and Kelvin racing gpl. At least that one day.

I hope I will join one day. Maybe next year.
But GP race after must be killing.

Cya all. MERRY XMAS.