Long Night of the Ring ....2018?! o0 ;)

Wichtiges rund um die Rennen der EOLC / Important information concerning EOLC races.
Dag_Johnsen

Re: Long Night of the Ring ....2018?! o0 ;)

Post by Dag_Johnsen » 09 Jan 2018, 22:13

I like the idea that the standings list after seven races constitutes the starting grid for the GP. That adds something to drive for regardless of where you are placed in the sprint races. If some dont drive the gp then drivers are bumped forward accordingly. We should still keep the five min practice though to get used to the weight of a full tank of gas.

Carsten Theile

Post by Carsten Theile » 10 Jan 2018, 00:01

Funnily enough, 5 minutes of practice sounds very short when the track section that matters is 3 minutes away from the pits. If the car doesn't work in Fuchsröhre on the first attempt, there won't be another chance to test the setup.

Having a spot on the grid unoccupied because someone didn't stay for the GP isn't too terrible, imho. Usually, any gaps are closed by the time we go into turn 1.
We almost did have a start crash in the GP.

EDIT:
Also, I'll try to remember to ask everyone to turn in-car chat on and to remind them in VROC to stop the car when the practice time is up.

Dag_Johnsen

Post by Dag_Johnsen » 10 Jan 2018, 15:00

Well either way I just like the idea to use the list from the sprint races as the grid for the GP. That adds something to the sprint races that I think is interesting and it also seems pretty fair in terms of the gp grid. With a one shot qualifying lap some of the really qucik drivers could end up in the back or vice versa , not that the spread is that big in this field but its definetly a spread from top to bottom. And its not that easy to pass cars in spite of it being a long track , if the driver ahead of you drives defensively but by the book its real hard and risky to pass on the ring. Throw cold tires and a full tank of gas in the mix and the first laps of the gp could spell the end for many a driver. My race pace would have placed me in 14th on the gp grid wich would have been a fair starting point for me , if Im quick and dont make silly mistakes I have 15 laps to make up places , seems fair to me.

Carsten Theile

Post by Carsten Theile » 11 Jan 2018, 12:52

In the end, it's a matter of preference: whether we prioritise a compact schedule, safety, or competition.
At any rate, it's not our decision to make. ^^

@ David: At some points during the event 2 or 3 people were wondering when the server was going to be started for next race. Would it be too much trouble for you if we asked you to announce a start time in VROC? I remember I used to get into a consistent workflow after the 3rd race or so, which then allowed to announce a specific server start time at the beginning of the break.
Then again, it was stressful, which is why I'm glad I don't do this anymore. :lol:
Also, any discussions about who out of 21 drivers will join the 19-car grid throws any scheduling out of the window. :grin: I think the 2017 Ringnacht wasn't easy to do.

David Breedveld

Post by David Breedveld » 12 Jan 2018, 20:25

Carsten Theile wrote:@ David: At some points during the event 2 or 3 people were wondering when the server was going to be started for next race. Would it be too much trouble for you if we asked you to announce a start time in VROC?
I'll keep it in mind for this year's event. In 2017 I wasn't consistent enough to announce starting times. In one case I answered "10 mins" (to Harry in the GPL chat) and it took me about 12 minutes. I was lucky in that case. :grin: But anyway, if I answer "10 minutes" I cannot start the next race (much) earlier. BTW I got an iGOR error message every race when I opened a settings file, but this didn't hinder me much.

tim

Post by tim » 09 Dec 2018, 12:14

Hi all!

Just new here. Sounds very interesting! Is there a way to choin that evening?

Bastian Grupp

Post by Bastian Grupp » 13 Dec 2018, 16:06

should be no problem, starting around 7 to 8 pm german time.
more infos will be provided by david i hope.

btw...count me in! :bounce:

David Breedveld

Post by David Breedveld » 13 Dec 2018, 21:20

tim wrote:Hi all!

Just new here. Sounds very interesting! Is there a way to choin that evening?
Hi Tim and Bastian,

You're welcome to join us :) We meet in chatroom EOLC of iGOR at 19:00h on December 30th. There are 7 races of three laps each. If there are racers left, we will also drive a Grand Prix (15 laps).

You may drive every race in the same chassis, but if you choose seven different cars in seven races, you will maximize the points you score. The 7 races count for the "Master of the Ring 2018" title. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,
David

GrandPrixYannick

Post by GrandPrixYannick » 13 Dec 2018, 21:42

Are we not having it like last year that you need to sign up?

Pedro

Post by Pedro » 14 Dec 2018, 21:02

GrandPrixYannick wrote:Are we not having it like last year that you need to sign up?
In that care, SIGN me up to :daumenrauf: