Standings Long Night of the Ring 2018

Wichtiges rund um die Rennen der EOLC / Important information concerning EOLC races.
tim

Re: Standings Long Night of the Ring 2018

Post by tim » 01 Jan 2019, 14:20

David, racing companeros,
thanks so much for that delightfull night! Enjoyed it so much! Great fights for me, great paces I saw.. very impressed watched all the replays where I especially loved the fight for P1 in Race 2 - a must see by my opinion.. "hat off!", (great respect) as we say here
I also, like sure many others would copy that sentence: "Too much bad luck and too many mistakes" .. so, sorry Robert, Fabian, J.Neufeld and some others for contact, sometimes its hard to resist the impossible, still learning so much here..

Hopefully see you all soon on track somewhere!

Bastian Grupp

Post by Bastian Grupp » 02 Jan 2019, 08:55

Great Event unless much crahes.
Thank you all and cya next Year. :)

Carsten Theile

Post by Carsten Theile » 02 Jan 2019, 22:07

Took me two races to get back into the groove. Heavy cars with low torque (BRM, Honda) never have been my thing and somehow the FOV I used to use turned out too wide now. I had serious doubts over the chances of climbing the standings in time after losing so much ground.

Race 4 (the re-run) was a low. My apologies to Chris, who was the victim of being stuck between me and points that I was set on proving.

On the bright side, Race 6 was the highlight of the night. It left me reduced to a giggling mess. Lasse's sliding was too hilarious for me to handle. He came close to spinning two times per lap, all while maintaining enough speed to keep the lead. A ridiculously great drive from him that is very much worth watching.

Track limits between Pflanzgarten and Schwalbenschwanz has been a talking point (or pet peeve of mine) since forever. It's sometimes surprising to see who doesn't adhere to them, but unsurprising to see who does. :lookin:

Apologies for the few accidents I caused during the course of the event. I try to keep it to zero.

Do you guys think it would help if we had more space between the grid boxes?

The GP went fairly smoothly (except for a semi-spin in the carousel), I left plenty of braking perfomance on the table and I had fewer misshifts than usual. Almost binned it into the Hatzenbach esses with a few laps remaining.

Thanks David, as every year. Great job!

@ Robert: I hope you're aware that the track update you're using has more solid objects than the original. :grin:

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 03 Jan 2019, 14:16

Carsten Theile wrote:@ Robert: I hope you're aware that the track update you're using has more solid objects than the original. :grin:
Yes, too long I've used this config, with added solid traffic signs etc. :rolleyes:

After the Ringnacht did install Kella's latest Ring, but lost many markers...took me some laps to get back to speed, having only groove and trees, but already improved BRM and Honda PB again. ;)

Fabian

Post by Fabian » 06 Jan 2019, 13:27

:hail: :hail: :hail: 1000 thanks to David for organizing the event! :daumenrauf:
Grats Carsten for event & GP and Manfred also for the GP :king:
Thanks everyone for participating - especially those who maybe initially were not so sure to show up..
Already looking forward for Long night of the Ring 2019!!! :naughty:

btw what did you think of the pits being on the long straight? Do you think it would need adjusting? Should it be abolished and revert back to the pits being on the s/f?
I myself don't care for qualifying at the LNOTR in the first place - and it's only used for the 1st race and the GP. So I think it's better now on the straight.

Carsten Theile

Post by Carsten Theile » 06 Jan 2019, 19:16

The first grid isn't set by qualifying results by the way, but by rank handicap or an estimation.

For the GP, the new stalls are great. Getting a clear track could still be difficult, but at least it saves us 5 minutes of practice time.

For the sprint races, putting the pits before the Lauda Kink might be a good idea, which is 4:10 minutes from reaching the S/F line.
The first driver usually leaves the pits 50 seconds into the session at earliest; the last driver rarely 50 seconds before the clock reaches 0:00. I haven't checked, but I assume most drivers go on track between the 3:30 and 2:00 minute marks.
Moving the pits as suggested might reduce the time we wait for people not reading the chat by a minute or so, taking into consideration people might actually become more inclined to complete the lap from where they are when the clock strikes zero, which could be anywhere between Hohe Acht and Döttinger Höhe. But they won't be at Bergwerk (hopefully :grin: ).
Not sure if it's worth having though, since it would require swapping the track.ini before the GP. Also, I'm not sure how important practising the first half of the lap is. :rolleyes: