Standings 20 years EOLC weekend

Wichtiges rund um die Rennen der EOLC / Important information concerning EOLC races.
Pedro

Re: Standings 20 years EOLC weekend

Post by Pedro » 17 Mar 2019, 22:07

Congratulations Carsten, Robert and Kelvin :hail:
Not to my surprise though :king:

Very happy with my result to.
Last month I practiced a lot to be at least a bit compatible.

Thanks David for the organisation,
and all you guys for racing and making GPL live so beautiful. :prost:

Hope we can do this again sometime.
Greetings Pedro.

Bastian Grupp

Post by Bastian Grupp » 18 Mar 2019, 09:17

It was a pleasure. enjoyed it. Grats to master Carsten :bounce:

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 18 Mar 2019, 16:49

:Brm
At Spa ran the BRM and most ran better cars, therefore was vulnerable, and my start was slow as well. Picked up a couple of positions out of La Carriere when Bastian and Carsten went wide. Close call. Had one good lap, but not enough pace to catch up with Kelvin in the end and had to settle for P5.

:Cooper
At Rouen I was too cautious early on in the Cooper, also with people struggling in front of me. Lost some time with that, and also Kelvin passed me at some point. Couldn't find the right pace early on, and it isn't my best track anyway. Inherited P3 after mistakes by Kelvin and Bastian, but the gap to the front guys who were brawling was too big. Great battle by Carsi and Carsten lap after lap!

:Honda
I'd say a personal highlight was my charge back to P5 at Kyalami after Lap 1 T1 misfortune, rejoining from the back in the Honda. Ran out of laps to try to pass Carsten for P4 in the BRM.

:Eagle
At Monza had to be patient on lap 1, but when I got in the lead, I was pretty confident holding on to it. Even so, the balance of the Eagle was on the edge. Carsten had similar pace, so the gap stayed the same, P1.

:Brabham
Also at Silverstone ran out of laps. Most of the races Carsten went quicker through traffic, and sometimes being cautious or having bad laps put me on the back foot. Ran a couple of good laps in the Brabham, but lost the race in the first 5 laps. Would have loved to fight with Carsten's Ferrari in the end but simply lost too much time early race.

:Lotus
At Mexico I had a dreamstart in the Lotus, and also due to a crash already was in P3 after the first turns, and in P2 later that lap. Was gaining on Pelle, almost closed up, when he sadly discoed. Inherited P1, but Carsten was gaining half a second a lap so had to pick up the pace. In the end kept the gap above 2s, but that was for me the drive of the event by Carsten, in the Brabham. Incredible pace, world class!

:Ferrari
The final race at the Glen had a real good phase midrace when about 5-6 cars got bunched up. Ofcourse sometimes incidents happen which was a shame, but nevertheless it was a blast catching up with the Ferrari and giving them Lotus' a run for their money. However when Carsten got clear, he logically had the better pace in the Lotus. Had to settle for third in the end, behind Pelle and Carsten.

Some really good close racing going on with high intensity. Having mostly local guys on a server helps a lot, considering lag. I was very pleased to see most of the racing was clean.

Very enjoyable event, thanks to all for racing, and thanks to David for organizing. Congrats to Carsten for the overall win, well deserved! I was happy with my driving in general and giving him a challenge, but fairplay to Carsten! Also well done to Kelvin, and all who competed :daumenrauf:
Last edited by Robert Fleurke on 18 Mar 2019, 21:51, edited 2 times in total.

David Breedveld

Post by David Breedveld » 18 Mar 2019, 18:03

Radek Petera wrote:Stange, points were there after race 4 but vanished later :kratz:
I have corrected the results. On Sunday, before we started race 5, I entered the results of the first 4 races in the program that calculates the standings. By mistake I left out one line of the results of Monza (race 4). That is why 16 points vanished, Radek.

ChassisRacingResults2007.exe was made by Christian Müller and Flo. :daumenrauf: :king:

Carsten Theile

Post by Carsten Theile » 18 Mar 2019, 18:18

My car choices worked fairly well with the ebb and flow of grid positions and the 1 to 1.5 hours of practice and setup copy-pasting paid off.

:Honda - Spa
I was going to be in the back anyway, so a slow car was the natural choice. Figured the Honda would be somewhat competitive, but compared to the BRMs I just didn't extract the most of it. Went wide at La Carriere twice, I think, and almost collected David into La Source when I missed a downshift, locked up the rears and spun. Managed to hold off Iestyn, who caught the grass braking for Blanchimont on the final lap.
P6 at the finish.

:Cooper - Rouen
Mid-field starting position. Knew passing would be difficult for me, but so would it be for anyone behind me. Got a tap into the hairpin on lap 1 - there's always one who overdoes it. Got stuck behind Basti's Eagle for a while. Even when I had it timed right, I just wasn't going to be close enough before the penultimate turn. Carsi mixed it up. Basti slipped and we both went by. The following laps were beyond description. I highly recommend watching the replay. We gave each other just about enough room and swapped positions several times until the end. I had to admit defeat eventually, which was no earlier than the last third of the final lap.
P2 at the finish, 3rd in the standings.

:Brm - Kyalami
Not much to say. The car, the track and my driving technique don't get along, it would seem. I spent most of the race on my own and was lucky I wasn't passed by Robert, who cut through the field after contact in T1 on the first lap.
P4 at the finish, 3rd in the standings (tied with Radek).

:Eagle - Monza
Lost the slipstream to Robert in Lesmo 2 because I wasn't clear of Iestyn when I turned in. Never got it back. Robert overshot Lesmo 1 a few times, but I just couldn't capitalise on it. Not sure if I was limited by the shifter, the setup or driving ability. Bit of all three perhaps.
P2 at the finish, 2nd in the standings.

:Ferrari - Silverstone
Completing lap 1 in 2nd position and only a Cooper ahead? Heaven. Kept enough pace to extend the lead safely. Practice had shown Robert was going to be a match, in a Brabham no less. I gave up a tenth or two to stay away from the curbs, but he still hunted me down at an alarming rate. 4 tenths difference per lap, holy moly.
P1 at the finish, 1st in the standings.

:Brabham - Mexico
Now this is Brab territory. Of course I was going to lose a small amount of ground before T1, but my plan was to overtake in the esses section where the Brabham would out-manoeuvre pretty much anything. I nearly got involved in the T1 crash, managed to avoid Fabian. Was on Harry's heels out of T2. Harry got boxed in behind Pedro out of T4. Gained two more spots in the hairpin as Kelvin and Carsi tangled. Was close to completing lap 1 in 3rd, but had to wait for the straight to pass Basti's BRM. Pelle disco'd from the lead before halfway. I guess I would have had a hard time to pass him. Gave Robert a run for his money. Good times.
P2 at the finish, 2nd in the standings, tiebreaker in Robert's favour.

:Lotus - Watkins Glen
A slower car wouldn't have cut it for me. So many other drivers had brought their strongest cars and getting into a position for a safe pass was going to be difficult. The first half of the race was just pure madness. Passing, re-passing all the time. Like the Rouen replay, it's another one for the gallery. Pedro did very well to stay out of the way after losing the engine. Two drivers were a tad to aggressive at times, not holding their line or taking late dives. But I shouldn't complain, sooner or later I was going to be three wide with David and Basti into T1. I'd like to claim that was still well judged and under control, but the margin for error was smaller than I'd usually like. The problem was that if I had waited for everything to calm down, I might've been overtaken again or even taken out. Anyway, it was a good setup for criss-crossing past David in T2. Looks fantastic from Robert's view. Basti was the last car for me to pass. Pelle was well out of reach by the time I had clean air and I had the points I needed.
P2 at the finish.

Hats off to Robert. Fast and safe, how I like it.
Well driven everyone, especially the first night was very clean.
Thank you, David.

Radek Petera

Post by Radek Petera » 19 Mar 2019, 21:11

David Breedveld wrote:
Radek Petera wrote:Stange, points were there after race 4 but vanished later :kratz:
I have corrected the results. On Sunday, before we started race 5, I entered the results of the first 4 races in the program that calculates the standings. By mistake I left out one line of the results of Monza (race 4). That is why 16 points vanished, Radek.

ChassisRacingResults2007.exe was made by Christian Müller and Flo. :daumenrauf: :king:

Fabian

Post by Fabian » 31 Mar 2019, 12:41

Carsten Theile wrote: Rouen
[...] I highly recommend watching the replay.
I forgot to save that run.
I'm a bit late but if anybody still has the replay, would he/she(? :) ) be willing to upload it sometime? Thx.
Again thanks a bunch to David for hosting this. It was a bit shameful for me :angel: ... but it was still a cool double-event-pack.
see you on track!

Carsten Theile

Post by Carsten Theile » 01 Apr 2019, 17:40

Fabian wrote:I'm a bit late but if anybody still has the replay, would he/she(? :) ) be willing to upload it sometime? Thx.
I archived mine right after the event. :)

EOLC20years_R1-R4.7z

EOLC20years_R5-R7.7z

Fabian

Post by Fabian » 02 Apr 2019, 18:27

Thank you, good Sir! :)