Bathurst - 15th August 2024 - Round 8

gpl dirtgear league
snafu

Bathurst - 15th August 2024 - Round 8

Post by snafu » 13 Jun 2024, 03:06

I appreciate this is still a long way off but just thought I would mention I dropped onto the server a day or so ago for a few sighting laps but nothing has appeared on the main page pre-qualifying/entry list..

TTFN
John.
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2 from 3.

André Jahren

Re: Bathurst - 15th August 2024 - Round 8

Post by André Jahren » 16 Jun 2024, 00:36

Thank you for letting me know, John.

Should be fixed now :-)

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 27 Jul 2024, 17:19

Greetings from summer hollidays...

wider grid and more space between pitstalls track.ini for panorama:
http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/trackiniPANORAMA.zip

BR Olaf

tim

Post by tim » 13 Aug 2024, 22:05

Mates, I´ll miss our race on thursday. Hope to meet you next time.

Have a nice race!

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 15 Aug 2024, 21:19

Hi,

That was a real miss from me.

Since I took the start as easy as I did, and pulled away as much as I did on the first couple of laps I thought I had Qual setup in the car. I should have understood that I was not on a qual setup, because I didn't pull away that much either. And since I’m not using pribluda I do not see my fuel level and also not my lap times.

Rookie mistake.

Congratulations to John who preformed a solid race, and to Rainer and Bjørn joining him on the podium.

See you all at Blandford

snafu

Post by snafu » 16 Aug 2024, 14:04

Well, my life is now complete, wins in any series are very few and far between, so despite Andre's crash and Tim, Dag etc missing I'll gratefully take that one...

Race night was a bit of a comedy of errors on my part but all the stars aligned in the end. I had tried a flag to flag run earlier in the day and decided it was not a realistic option so planned to stop around lap 14-16 for tyres and fuel.

Unfortunately I forgot to reset the fuel before the race. I usually race until the fuel indicator turns red and pit in the next few laps. This time of course that didn't happen.

So I realised my mistake on about lap 21 when the grip fell off a cliff by which time it was obvious a pit stop would have probably resulted in losing the lead to Rainer and Bjorn, so I soldered on losing a few 100 m per lap on the chasing pack. Another few laps would I'm sure have resulted in losing the lead so I was very glad to see the flag at the end.

Shame Seb wasn't able to make it, Only 6 starters. ;(

On to Blandford, very fast and some evil curbs to ruin your day. What could possibly go wrong...

TTFN
John.

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 16 Aug 2024, 16:27

To all,

Dag informed me yesterday that he has resigned from this league. He will focus on OAO going forward.

snafu

Post by snafu » 16 Aug 2024, 21:48

That's a real shame as he was such an avid promoter of the league. ;(

Hopefully he will return n the future.

TTFN
John.

Bjørn Finnestad

Post by Bjørn Finnestad » 16 Aug 2024, 23:00

Grats John for winning the race and Grats Rainer for pos.2, a great fight. :daumenrauf:

Training early: A track that has long been a favourite and I was able to match previous lap times.

PreQual: Was ok.

Training in august: The tire wear on the rear wheels was worrying, observed that the bumps caused the values to rise rapidly. I was able to halve the wear by easing off the gas pedal more than normal and got a bigger window to be able to keep good and consistent lap times.

Qual: Very happy with.

Race: Good start and further up to the first corner, Rainer from fourth start position had better traction. There was plenty of room for me in the outer corner and suddenly I had better momentum and came right up to beside of Rainer. It was a hard battle until the first right turn, and I was only slightly ahead where I had the inside track.

The first laps I followed John and the distance gradually increased. It's a pity that André had to go into the pit, realized that something unforeseen happened. After the pit, Rainer was in front, and I secured third position to the finish. I am satisfied with good laps with a good driving experience. Was off the edge of the track once. I had two instances that I remember that could have gone wrong (caught on the stream) but saved the situations and came in fine. The tire wear was less in this race with caution in the bumps and that helped.

Many drivers were missing, but perhaps not everyone has finished their holidays either.

Thank Dag so much for the competition in the races and as a mentor to learn from and not least for the work on organizing and develop HIES. One must be allowed to prioritize; you are in GPL in any case and can return to HIES if the opportunity arises. Wishing you the best in any case!

Thanks for the race, see you all at Blandford

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 17 Aug 2024, 02:59

Dag is a good friend and a good representative of our league. He is currently leading the OAO league.

I wish you all the best my friend, and I applaud you for your effort in OAO.