Bikernieki January 19th , round 1.

gpl dirtgear league
Bjørn Finnestad

Re: Bikernieki January 19th , round 1.

Post by Bjørn Finnestad » 20 Jan 2023, 23:16

Grats Robert, Tim and André, well done finishers, bad luck DNFs.

The new season opened with a good race, safe driving to see and entertaining. The race turned out to be a battle from start to finish, genuinely nice laps. It is a shame that Dag did not make it to the finish line and that Seb lost two positions just before the finish line after a good race. Also read that André had problems. The track is demanding, but interesting, sees opportunities to pick up tenths here and there by more learning.

Car was for me finally time to change. Always liked the Eagle, but now it suddenly became a Brabham, I think it can be nice. :Brabham

The car showed good sides, but I did not take advantage of all the features. The start was not something to brag about, but I had periods of good pace, and I did not need to go into the pit, which was plan b if the tires wore out. Slippery at end of race it was of course.

Thanks to everyone for the race, administration, and programming. See you at the next race. :)

Seb Gore

Post by Seb Gore » 22 Jan 2023, 11:46

Wow, what an opening race!
I have no idea where that 1:23 came from, I just relaxed and went for it.
I was so surprised I forgot to put it in first for the start. After that I spent most of the race with my mirrors full of Dag, Bjoern and Olaf. Hopefully I drove cleanly Gentlemen, that's the first time I've been in that situation so if I defended incorrectly or was rude in any way, please let me know so that I am better next time?
Robert, beautiful lapping when you got through Olaf and I. Really, really cool! Again, hopefully I didn't behave badly?
Jose, thanks for the support. After the rest of the race I was annoyed with myself, but after the buzz of the race, that was so insignificant. The big thing I learned was to listen to my tyres when they are crying 'enough!'
I really hope that was not a one off for me. Thanks everyone for a fantastic race.
One question, are we using the Ontario track with the big maple leaf Bapom picture, or the later one?
Thanks everyone, see you all in Canada!
Cheers,
Seb.

Seb Gore

Post by Seb Gore » 22 Jan 2023, 23:04

ps, Hi Olaf, about your post regarding the hard core regular participants. Thanks to Dag letting me join, I promise you, I'm in this for the long haul.
See you in Canada :)
Cheers,
Seb.

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 23 Jan 2023, 17:51

Seb Gore wrote:
22 Jan 2023, 11:46
Robert, beautiful lapping when you got through Olaf and I. Really, really cool! Again, hopefully I didn't behave badly?
I did rely on you being aware, and you were. Then it's a matter of holding the line. I have this philosophy if and when lapped cars do not move, I will make the move, especially when there is a lot of pace difference, with all due respect. As long there's no contact, everything is fine. :)