Albi , March 30th - Round 5

gpl dirtgear league
Olaf Lehmann

Re: Albi , March 30th - Round 5

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 28 Mar 2023, 14:43

Sry, there was a wrong link above. Now the download should work.

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 30 Mar 2023, 12:01

Did some laps this morning and was pretty fast up to speed. I have decide to go racing again. I hope I'm not getting too tired...

:Brm

tagomago

Post by tagomago » 30 Mar 2023, 18:32

That's really great news Robert :daumenrauf:

Good luck all for today ;)

Seb Gore

Post by Seb Gore » 30 Mar 2023, 19:08

It certainly hasn't slowed you down Robert :daumenrauf:
Great to see you. Have a good one
BR,
Seb.

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 30 Mar 2023, 19:37

Great news Robert :daumenrauf:

To All, going forward I will start the server 5 minutes earlier with 35 minutes on the qualifying clock. Qualifying starts when it's 30 minutes left.

Rainer Alpen

Post by Rainer Alpen » 30 Mar 2023, 21:23

Jose,

I'm have to apologise for this very very stupid action.
Sorry for ruin your race.

Rainer

tagomago

Post by tagomago » 30 Mar 2023, 21:59

No problem Rainer ... but this time you will pay for the beers ;)

A pity that with the pole you went backwards later on

The difference in pace between your eagle and mine is huge.

No problem ... it's a pleasure to ride with you and all the others.

At the start I rode a few laps behind Seb ... then I saw that Olaf was gaining space so I overtook Seb and went to ride with Olaf.

It was going quite well until the incident that made me stop in the pits

At the end I knew that Olaf had a good performance.

Nice to ride with all of you and nice to see Robert on track.

Cheers

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator and reviewed by me

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 30 Mar 2023, 22:04

Good to be back at the wheel :)

In quali front row was maximum result, and after the start I got a tow from Rainer and could outbrake him into the hairpin. I was able to hold on the lead, despite a mistake, before Rainer dropped. Then André was behind and we had basically similar pace, but the gap was about 6s when the pitstop phase came. I wanted to pit after 24 laps, undercutting, and trying to maintain/build on my gap. But before I got the tires I forgot to engage the clutch, and rolled away from my pitstall, only fuel. Had to do another pitstop a lap later. This way I lost the lead and fell back to P3. In the second stint had to pass Will for position and did it the same like with Rainer, getting a tow and outbraking into the hairpin. P2 was maximum result after my pitstop error, cost me the win.

But André had great pace, it has to be said, we basically matched eachother apart from making mistakes. Congrats André! :Cooper Also well done and congats Will for the podium :Ferrari Well done finishers, bad luck DNFs. Thanks all for racing :)

I am still a bit rusty, and the race was tough physically, but I will get the hang of it again ;)

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 30 Mar 2023, 22:57

Qual
Almost match my pre qual time and hadn't much more in me. So settled with P3.

Race
Got off okey, and followed behind Robert in to the first corner. Had a bit to short 5 gear so I wasn't able to get much out of the slipstream effect. Tim closed in on me and dived past me in to the hairpin. But he did break a bit too late and both Rainer and Robert was lucky to not get hit by Tim.

Robert and Rainer slightly pulled away the first few laps. Then Rainer made a mistake and I found my self in P2 5 seconds behind Robert.

Robert manged to pull away to a 7 second gap, but I manged to gain some in the last few laps before the pitstop and was about 6 seconds behind Robert as he went in to pit a lap before me.

I didn't have the fastest pitstop so I expected Robert to have gain a few more seconds as I pulled out of the pits. Then a lap later I found my self in P1. Saw Will was P2 and I started the stint in a comfortable pace. Robert then past Will and was 21 seconds behind, then as he started closing the gap I picked up the pace and was able to hold the gap back to Robert.

Yes Robert, we have almost the same pace when you are in the BRM and I'm in the Cooper. Looking forward to tight races as the season continue. And hope you have a good recovery and that you will feel better soon.

Congratulation to Robert and Will for joining me on the podium

tim

Post by tim » 31 Mar 2023, 13:26

Sry guys I missed the brakepoint at the hairpin, and I was lucky & happy to avoid killing some guys race...

Gratulation Andre and finishers!