Brands Hatch , 27th April - Round 7

gpl dirtgear league
User avatar
snafu
Posts: 28
Joined: 09 Apr 2023, 20:56
Location: Hall End, England

Re: Brands Hatch , 27th April - Round 7

Post by snafu » 27 Apr 2023, 22:32

Olaf Lehmann wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 22:03
John, have you driven so far that the pit board has disappeared?
Yes, I thought that was how it worked? (Drive up to the pit board until it disappears).

Never had any issue previously. Should I be stopping while it's still in view?

TTFN
John.
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2 from 3.

André Jahren
Posts: 58
Joined: 05 Jan 2023, 16:36
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Brands Hatch , 27th April - Round 7

Post by André Jahren » 28 Apr 2023, 07:36

Qual
A good qualifying session from me. And a solid PB put in to the fight for pole. Happy with my pace and a strong P2.

Race
Not a great start but got away and followed behind Robert in to turn 1. Tried to apply som pressure on the first lap but already there he was fast.
Then as we approach Dingel Dell, Robert did out break him self, got wide on the exit and was a short trip out in the grass. I then managed to pass him before Stirling’s Bend.

As he had a faster race pace then me the next couple of laps I was under massive pressure. And as I made an error on exit of Bottom Bend, he aligned up behind me on the exit of South Bank. As I defended the inside line down Pilgrims Drop and Hawthorn Hill, he made a bald move on the outside through Hawthorn Bend, and pulled it of in style. Robert was back in P1 and pulled away from me immediately.

After a few laps he had increased his lead to a couple of seconds, but then he made a mistake going in to South Bank, he went wide out on to the grass. And I was able to pass and yet again I found my self in the lead.

Robert was closing the gap but as he made new mistakes the gap increased on the first stint.

I pitted a round before him with a comfortable lead of 23 seconds. How he was able to take 4-5 seconds on me on his in lap, pit stop, and out lap, was so impressing.
After the pit stop the gap was only 18 seconds, and I was thinking it’s game on. With this speed he could take the victory.

I managed to stabilise the gap around 17 seconds, and as he made another mistake the gap was increased to 29 seconds.

The last part of the race it was all about consistency and passing lapped cars without taking any risk.

All in all an exciting race :)

Congratulations to Robert and Tago for joining me at the podium.

User avatar
Robert Fleurke
Posts: 60
Joined: 25 Dec 2018, 10:18

Re: Brands Hatch , 27th April - Round 7

Post by Robert Fleurke » 28 Apr 2023, 10:17

First, in my experience the pitstall is now tighter. I also had a few times the car did not bounce in practise. Can you confirm this, Olaf!?

In quali had a decent lap, still 4 tenths off my PB though. But the BRM is a real pig here at Brands. My BRM PB is half a second slower than my Honda WR, and 8 tenths slower than my Cooper WR. It is really hard to control the rear tires, especially LR tire, and have the gearings right. Anyhow, it was good enough for Pole, but André was very close.

Had a decent start, always tough here on the banked straight. Tried to make a little gap on Lap 1, but overshot Dingle Bell and went wide, just pushed too much and missed the apex...went off, and André went by. Had to recover and wait for the tires getting grip again, But after some laps closed in on André, who then made a little mistake, that gave me a good run down the backstraight. André defended the inside, but I was able to make the move stick outside at Hawthorn. I was happy with that move, but kudos to André to give me room.

After that pulled away, but at some point went wide at Surtees, and lost the lead and lost about 10s. Just was able to hold off Rainer at that point. Pushed again and the gap went down to 4s or so before I spun at Paddock Hill bend. After I recovered had another halfspin at Druids just after. The LR tire was way too hot, and yellow...

I was really frustrated by then. My pitstop was good and was intending to have a good clean second stint. In general that went well, until I had another spin at Hawthorns. Late race took it easy as I thought Seb and Olaf were fighting for position, but they weren't. It did not matter anyhow. P2 was much more than I did deserve. I struggled whole race with the balance and especially the LR tire, when the front was pointy, with little rear grip.

But it wasn't an excuse to make so many mistakes, clearly concentration problems. I thought too much, and after each mistake I got more angry and distracted.

The only thing I take away from this race is my move on André, but you need two fair drivers and trust to be able to make such a pass. Well done André, always fair and clean. :daumenrauf:

Congrats André, superb win. And also congrats to José Luis for a well deserved podium. Also great to see Seb improving all the time, well done on your P4! Well done all finishers, commiserations DNFs...

André Jahren
Posts: 58
Joined: 05 Jan 2023, 16:36
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Brands Hatch , 27th April - Round 7

Post by André Jahren » 28 Apr 2023, 11:23

Hi all,
Yesterday I did run Albi and Oulton replays in new streams. It' s not as good as our live streams, but at least they are now available.
Br
André

User avatar
Robert Fleurke
Posts: 60
Joined: 25 Dec 2018, 10:18

Re: Brands Hatch , 27th April - Round 7

Post by Robert Fleurke » 28 Apr 2023, 11:50

André Jahren wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 11:23
Hi all,
Yesterday I did run Albi and Oulton replays in new streams. It' s not as good as our live streams, but at least they are now available.
Br
André
Thanks a lot André, and all you do for the league. Also goes for Olaf, Dag and all involved! :daumenrauf:

tagomago
Posts: 18
Joined: 15 Jan 2023, 11:38

Re: Brands Hatch , 27th April - Round 7

Post by tagomago » 28 Apr 2023, 12:17

Very happy with my podium yesterday :dance:
... flowers, girls, champaign, press, ... all very flattering and hectic ... not used to so much dalliance ... :champagner:

lol :lol: ... far from it ... I had to watch the replay to find out how I had managed such a feat. :grin:

My real effort was to concentrate on the pace of the race and watch out for the slight change of pace in the middle of the race when you ride with a full tank and the change of grip.

In this race as it is logical the misfortunes of others led me to 3rd place in the race really early and then the hard part was not to think and maintain the pace.

This time especially I consolidated the position because I was not lapped, which usually happens before the end of the first stint of the leaders.

Impressive to see you guys running with the BRM and the Cooper Robert & Andre. :daumenrauf:

Thx all for racing :prost:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator and reviewed by me

William Tway
Posts: 8
Joined: 19 Mar 2023, 10:10

Re: Brands Hatch , 27th April - Round 7

Post by William Tway » 28 Apr 2023, 14:41

Good golly miss Molly that was a lot of fun. Well done Seb. Had some friends over last night and we all watched the latter half on the big screen with a few bottles of wine. Seb and I won Oscars for Best Picture and Best Screen Play as we stole the show. LOL. Everyone enjoyed watching the Fez chase the Lotus but my mates wanted to know when I was going to pass. LOL. It aint that easy my friends. Watching Andres lines and driving style was very impressive leaving me thinking I have sooo much more to learn even after playing this sim for nearly 20 years.

Great run everyone. Grats to Podium and Tago, well done sir. I'm guessing you didnt pit. Thats an incredible accomplishment.

Cheers,

Will
Last edited by William Tway on 28 Apr 2023, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Olaf Lehmann
Posts: 66
Joined: 16 Oct 2016, 17:13

Re: Brands Hatch , 27th April - Round 7

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 28 Apr 2023, 14:48

Code: Select all

  PITSTOP LISTING

   7:43	 35.4s	O.Lehmann	Repair
  10:54	 --.-	J.Hammonds DG	Pitstop not completed
  18:03	 53.5s	O.Lehmann	Repair/Tire change/Refuel
  23:53	 53.2s	B.Finnestad	Repair/Tire change/Refuel
  30:48	 35.5s	A.Jahren	Tire change/Refuel
  32:44	 32.4s	R.Fleurke	Tire change/Refuel
  33:28	 42.2s	W.Tway		Tire change/Refuel
  44:43	 34.7s	O.Lehmann	Tire change/Refuel
  55:24	 36.4s	W.Tway		Repair


  3 * O.Lehmann
  2 * W.Tway
  1 * R.Fleurke
  1 * B.Finnestad
  1 * J.Hammonds DG
  1 * A.Jahren
snafu wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 22:32
Olaf Lehmann wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 22:03
John, have you driven so far that the pit board has disappeared?
Yes, I thought that was how it worked? (Drive up to the pit board until it disappears).

Never had any issue previously. Should I be stopping while it's still in view?

TTFN
John.
No, John. You have to drive until pitstalllboard disappears.
First, in my experience the pitstall is now tighter. I also had a few times the car did not bounce in practise. Can you confirm this, Olaf!?
Obviously something is wrong.
For some reason it always works perfectly for me. But it doesn't always work for others, even though you are clients just like me.

I am at the end of my nerves. It gives me a headache.
The worst thing is: even if we go back to the old version, there is no real peace. I was taken off the track in Pre Quali on two tracks in a row because the values didn't match. So we would have to post the values from the server every time and every driver would have to compare his values or change the ini - and that for every race.

So I'm doomed to find out what the catch is again.


Nice to see that the livestream is working properly again.

BR Olaf

User avatar
snafu
Posts: 28
Joined: 09 Apr 2023, 20:56
Location: Hall End, England

Re: Brands Hatch , 27th April - Round 7

Post by snafu » 28 Apr 2023, 15:24

Olaf Lehmann wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 14:48

Code: Select all

  PITSTOP LISTING

   7:43	 35.4s	O.Lehmann	Repair
  10:54	 --.-	J.Hammonds DG	Pitstop not completed
  18:03	 53.5s	O.Lehmann	Repair/Tire change/Refuel
  23:53	 53.2s	B.Finnestad	Repair/Tire change/Refuel
  30:48	 35.5s	A.Jahren	Tire change/Refuel
  32:44	 32.4s	R.Fleurke	Tire change/Refuel
  33:28	 42.2s	W.Tway		Tire change/Refuel
  44:43	 34.7s	O.Lehmann	Tire change/Refuel
  55:24	 36.4s	W.Tway		Repair


  3 * O.Lehmann
  2 * W.Tway
  1 * R.Fleurke
  1 * B.Finnestad
  1 * J.Hammonds DG
  1 * A.Jahren
snafu wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 22:32
Olaf Lehmann wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 22:03
John, have you driven so far that the pit board has disappeared?
Yes, I thought that was how it worked? (Drive up to the pit board until it disappears).

Never had any issue previously. Should I be stopping while it's still in view?

TTFN
John.
No, John. You have to drive until pitstalllboard disappears.
First, in my experience the pitstall is now tighter. I also had a few times the car did not bounce in practise. Can you confirm this, Olaf!?
Obviously something is wrong.
For some reason it always works perfectly for me. But it doesn't always work for others, even though you are clients just like me.

I am at the end of my nerves. It gives me a headache.
The worst thing is: even if we go back to the old version, there is no real peace. I was taken off the track in Pre Quali on two tracks in a row because the values didn't match. So we would have to post the values from the server every time and every driver would have to compare his values or change the ini - and that for every race.

So I'm doomed to find out what the catch is again.


Nice to see that the livestream is working properly again.

BR Olaf
Hi Olaf,
I definitely stopped after the pitboard disappeared. Unfortunately I didn't save the replay to confirm this.

I wonder if perhaps I simply stopped at a slight angle and part of my car was outside the pit box? I don't remember doing anything different and would assume that it wouldn't even register as "Pitstop not completed" if I was positioned incorrectly?

Watching the live stream though was fun, Will and Seb had an epic battle, great driving by both, very well done. :daumenrauf:

TTFN
John.
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2 from 3.

User avatar
Olaf Lehmann
Posts: 66
Joined: 16 Oct 2016, 17:13

Re: Brands Hatch , 27th April - Round 7

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 28 Apr 2023, 16:58

@André: To test what happened with v812 I need a running dgp server with a track running the old ogl. Surfer unfortunately only runs with oglv2 (I can't read the memory values with ogl_v2).
Could you run the second server with Oulton or Silverstone, André? These tracks should run with the old ogl. And I need the IP address.

BR Olaf

Post Reply