Phillip Island , August 31st - Round 10

gpl dirtgear league
André Jahren

Phillip Island , August 31st - Round 10

Post by André Jahren » 24 Aug 2023, 14:23

Hope everyone had a good summer break :)

We try again and hopefully we have better luck with the infrastructure this time around.

Pre-Qual server is up and running.

GLA :daumenrauf:

snafu

Re: Phillip Island , August 31st - Round 10

Post by snafu » 01 Sep 2023, 13:03

Woohoo, I finally finished a race. Was surprised to outqualify Dag and I knew he would have much better race pace than me, so stayed in lane off the start and allowed him to pass around the outside at T1. Tried to hang on to him but slowly the front 5 disappeared off up the road. There seemed to be some mayhem behind as I suddenly found myself several hundred yards ahead of those behind.

Dag tried his best to keep me interested with several mistakes which put me a lot closer to him before extending away again.

Then on the last lap he made a mistake at at Lukey Heights and I was right on his gearbox. I could see he was scrabbling for grip but nowhere to attempt a pass until the SF straight. I just wasn't close enough though, I thought I might pass him on the right but he blocked that so switched to th let but we crossed the line with Dag 8/100ths ahead.

Congratulations to Tim for the win, Andre and Dag for the remaining podium spots.

TTFN
John.
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2 from 3.

tim

Post by tim » 01 Sep 2023, 17:58

I did some warmup practise on wednesday and on thursday and felt quite comftable during the whole event.
My poleposition set the situation to perfect. I had not the best start, but think that André had a little more troubles gaining speed. So I could take the lead and pulled away early. The car was great to handle and I could start managing my pace. I drove my best race up til now, had only one little slide under braking, nothing dangerous. Very saddisfying -so happy!
Sorry Björn that I disturbed your flow while overtaking ..

Gratulations all finishers!
Well done André! - great pace!
Well done Dag in Honda!
Solid drive John!

Bjørn Finnestad

Post by Bjørn Finnestad » 01 Sep 2023, 21:50

Nice to start running again, started to get on this course to make the most of the grip, but still demanding to get compound rounds.

At the start it went well, but on the first lap I must have pushed the car into understeer or something else, hit the grass with the right side wheels, tried to maintain speed and get onto the tarmac. Uncontrolled, it took hold and steered without my will to the left. Couldn't stop the rotation, so when I was in the middle of the track, I just had to hope I got out on left side without being hit from behind, but also lost speed :hail: , so I hit Olaf which further caused a mess. I'm so sorry for what happened.

I drove off the track several times without hitting anything the rest of the times. @Tim; coincidence that I drove out and was on the grass when I discovered that I was lapped, so no problem Tim. :daumenrauf:

Got to the finish line fine and had some good laps or at least sectors and got a little sweaty from this ride.

Grats Tim, André and Dag, strongly drives :daumenrauf: . Well done finishers, bad luck DNFs.

Too bad about the video, is it possible to mix in the Pribluda table as a section if new film is generated from the replay to replace the constant pit-lane edition without it being too much work? (Or the opposite, to mix the generated TV-cam in as a section in the pit lane image).

Thanks for race and for the administration, see you at Thruxton :)

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 04 Sep 2023, 17:25

Code: Select all

PITSTOP LISTING

3:29	 32.1s	B.Finnestad	Repair
  16:56	 --.-	R.Alpen		Pitstop not completed
  29:21	 31.0s	D.Johnsen	Tire change/Refuel
  30:46	 31.7s	A.Jahren	Tire change/Refuel
  32:11	 28.1s	T.Roedl		Tire change/Refuel
  34:15	 29.6s	O.Lehmann	Tire change/Refuel
  34:30	 32.2s	B.Finnestad	Tire change/Refuel
  34:45	 32.8s	J.Hammonds DG	Tire change/Refuel
  59:47	 30.3s	O.Lehmann	Repair
I thought I was going to pass Bjorn on the left when he was in trouble on the first lap. But he hit me after all. As a result, Seb hit me and it looked like I was going to land on the roof. But I ended up on my feet/wheels. And even better, I didn't feel any damage. So I was very lucky...
In the replay it looks like Seb's car was so badly damaged that he had to counter-steer to the right all the time. If that was the case, hats off to Seb for the times you set with it.
I was able to stay ahead of Bjorn, who was much faster, for quite a long time. But in the end, I was the last person to finish.

Congratulations to Tin, André and Dag...and to John, who almost finished on the podium.

BR Olaf

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 05 Sep 2023, 10:10

First of all, sorry for the issues with the stream server. I'm didn't check the GEM2+ settings properly before starting the stream, and I have unticked a check box that control the livestream.

Qualifying
Had some good test runs in the start of August, but was not able to get the same speed during qualifying. Overall satisfied with P2.

Race
Was following Tim close on the first lap, but then due to minor mistakes he pulled away. Then mid through my first stint I made a larger mistake, and struggled after that with grip.
My second stint was better, at least more consistent with fewer mistakes, but was not able to do anything with Tim today. He was just to fast.

See you all on Thruxton.

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 10 Sep 2023, 10:43

Congrats Tim and podium! Well done finishers ;)

I like to give you an update. My health situation has changed. Hemodialysis has been started up, and there are complications with my left shunt arm, it's bruised and purple, getting bleeding under my skin after shutting down. I did race last Friday in GELI, but my arm hurts. I need another surgery on the shunt arm.

In short, I will have to skip Thruxton, and I am not sure of returning when and where. So I still do race, but I have to pick my battles ATM. It is what it is, sorry to disappoint you. You are a great bunch of guys, but I have to put myself in the first place. I don't want to race obligatory, and with pain. My arm needs rest for now, but I do aim/try to race next Saturday in oAo, the be perfectly honest. Currently sticking to 1 race a week if possible.

snafu

Post by snafu » 10 Sep 2023, 22:12

Sorry to hear about your arm Rob. I have a friend who undergoes frequent Hemodialysis treatment and he had bad muscle cramps until they finalised the frequency and fluid replacement ratio. He also felt very tired during the initial treatment. It was found (At least for him) frequent shorter nightly sessions worked better than less frequent longer sessions. Hopefully you will be able to find the right balance for your individual circumstances.

Obviously we are thinking of you and of course you must take whatever time you need, I don't think we are going anywhere. :daumenrauf:

TTFN
John.
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2 from 3.

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 11 Sep 2023, 09:21

Sorry to hear, Robert.

I hope your treatment and the upcoming surgery goes well. Send you warm wishes and hope for a speedy recovery.

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 11 Sep 2023, 20:05

My best wishes to you, Robert! I hope things will pick up soon.

Olaf