2024 season

gpl dirtgear league
tim

Re: 2024 season

Post by tim » 15 Dec 2023, 10:01

When it comes to the number of races, I do understand that 12 seams like a hugh reduction. The thing is that I as the host can’t really skip a race. So 18 means that I need to be there for all 18 races.
I fully understand! Also 12 races will be great - thank you André for doing all this !!!

@Olaf: all suggested is great! - now I lack a bit of time for testing, but the days will come and then I´ll give it a shot and feedback ..

cheerz!
tim

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 22 Dec 2023, 15:47

Hi Olaf,

As soon as you have a new version of the dirt gear patch ready. I' will set up Kyalami as our test track, and I will set it up as Pro Long.

tim

Post by tim » 25 Dec 2023, 10:50

Hi Olaf,

Q about variable repairs: is it possible to show damage values in pribluda?
I worry about not knowing the exact carstatus. It could be dangerous when pushing it to the limits while racing.
What do you think?

Bjørn Finnestad

Post by Bjørn Finnestad » 26 Dec 2023, 21:16

I agree with all the points, works fine for me.

Point 4 sounds interesting. Will start testing.

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 27 Dec 2023, 11:11

New dgp version (v84) is ready.

As I didn't quite like the wear in pitstop6(dg), I've changed it a bit. It is now also dependent on the contact patch temperatures.
In any case, it is more dependent on the driving style than in v812. You can see this, for example, if you do a v-turn in dgp812 and in dgp84.
One more hint: In dgp84 there are no longer different wear strengths - the tyres behave the same in every mode (I had actually introduced the different strengths so that the wear sceptics have the opportunity to drive without really noticeable tyre wear. Unfortunately, people are too dogmatic to understand this).
So it doesn't matter which mode you run the server, Andrè.
Q about variable repairs: is it possible to show damage values in pribluda?
I worry about not knowing the exact carstatus. It could be dangerous when pushing it to the limits while racing.
What do you think?
Very good question...
I know it's going to be pretty stressful. Apart from the more or less defective car, the tyres can also be worn or dirty, which is not always easy to distinguish.
My recommendation is to pay attention to the tyre values in Pribluda.
It is almost impossible to display the damage values. If I could do it with reasonable effort, I would. But it's too complex. Maybe I would try it if we'll be 18 instead of 8 drivers here... ;)
To get a feeling for when it makes sense to repair twice, you can, for example, produce damage in training mode and then press ShiftR and test, press ShiftR again, test, etc. I have therefore removed the "dirt gear" and engine failure penalties in training mode.
But it will remain a bit like in real life. You have to make a decision and you don't know for sure if it's the best one. You've already seen that in real races: Driver drives into the pits, a small emergency repair is made, but on the next lap he comes back into the pits because it didn't really work...

You can find the link to the new dgp version 84 in the dirtgear thread in the first post.

BR Olaf

tim

Post by tim » 27 Dec 2023, 18:58

..I totaly understand now, Olaf. The aspect of "not knowing for sure" was indeed quite real in those days.

I will do some testings in the next days.
Great dgp moves on!!!

Thank you,
tim

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 28 Dec 2023, 18:21

Can this be a point scale for next season?

1. = 18 points.
2. = 14 points.
3. = 10 points.
4. = 8 points.
5. = 7 points.
6. = 6 points.
7. = 5 points.
8. = 4 points.
9. = 3 points.
10. = 2 points.
11. = 1 points.

tim

Post by tim » 28 Dec 2023, 19:20

Olaf wrote:
"Another thing: I find the scoring system embarrassing with so few participants. If I'm last to arrive, I'm often sixth. Then I get about half as many points as the winner. In real motorsport, a win or a podium finish counts much more. It can't be that if I finish last twice, I get about as many points as someone who wins.
That's why I'd argue in favour of the normal 67 points 9/6/4/3/2/1, given that the number of participants will certainly remain low.
"

I´m of the same oppinion as Olaf... what do you think?

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 29 Dec 2023, 10:56

I'm not interested in historically correct scoring, but in something else:
Good riders who can't take part in some races for personal reasons quickly lose touch and become demotivated if the last arrivals get too many points in comparison. If slowfoots like me arrive diligently, they can hardly catch up again. The same applies to riders who are fast but make more mistakes than others - Dag, for example.
That's why I think it's better if the last arrivals only get very few points. Of course, there is sometimes the danger that someone will score 80% and still not get any points. For me personally, that's OK - I'm even happier when I get points. It's just important that I have a realistic chance of getting points.
I've just checked how many drivers scored 80% in the individual races in 2013. In two races there were 8 drivers, in seven races 7 drivers, otherwise a maximum of 6 drivers. Well, yes. Maybe six drivers with points is a tad too few. If we gave all drivers one point more than the original points (10/7/5/4/3/2/1), seven drivers would have points. So in 2023 only two drivers would have no points despite 90%.
I see it as unlikely that we will have more in 2024. We've seen for years that no one really new comes along. That's why I think points for seven drivers are enough.

tim

Post by tim » 29 Dec 2023, 14:58

..absolutely got you, Olaf.

Just my opinion: the original 67 scoring system would be nice!