Seb.

André Jahren

Re: Kyalami - 18th of January - Round 1

Post by André Jahren » 17 Jan 2024, 16:06

The server is now updated

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 17 Jan 2024, 17:47

Just to be on the safe side before the first race with the new patch, here are a few tips:
If you want to repair several times in a row, you must engage reverse gear again after the first repair, because the gear always changes to neutral at the moment of repair (just like in ShiftR).
As the car sometimes rolls off in Kyalami due to the ShiftR jerk, I recommend braking during the bumps (to prevent the car from leaving the pitstall area).

Sometimes there is quite a bit of tire damage if you touch something like a barrier. Of course, the suspension could also be damaged. It might be hard to tell in the stress of racing.
To be sure whether you should repair or change tires, I recommend using my Pribluda version. There you can tell by the suddenly high wear values that the tires are the problem.

Anyway...good luck to everyone tomorrow.

BR Olaf

Bjørn Finnestad

Post by Bjørn Finnestad » 17 Jan 2024, 22:52

Thanks Olaf, looking forward to trying it out in races and looks promising. The driving feeling was good during testing. Unfortunately, I can't run the race at Kyalami that night which I can't change but will be back for the next race. Good luck with the race everyone.

tim

Post by tim » 18 Jan 2024, 13:50

Thank you Olaf!

Andre, I have to less time for practise H-shifter nowadays. Tonight I´m on paddles..

c u all at Kyalami!

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 18 Jan 2024, 18:53

Tim, I have not been able to fit the shifter in to my rack yet. Paddles here to.

snafu

Post by snafu » 18 Jan 2024, 21:34

Disastrous on my side.

During qualifying my shifter started to jump out of 2nd and 3rd. This got steadily worse during the race until it decided neutral was what was needed for T1 and I ran wide and hit the bank losing a wheel.

Up until that point I was having a great time with some good battles with Tago and Rainer until I pitted and rejoined at the rear of the field, passed Olaf when he ran wide at T1 and somehow passed Seb's Lotus under braking into T1. I was around 30s behind Tago and Rainer when I crashed and was thinking when (If)?? they stopped the battle could resume until the end of the race but it wasn't to be.

So I see a strip down of my shifter in my immediate future, I guess I can't complain it is about 10 years old and reverse has also been a bit of a lottery for a year or so.

TTFN
John..
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2 from 3.

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 19 Jan 2024, 00:21

Qual
A good qualifying session from me. Just 3 hundreds of a second behind my best time in the BRM. But Dag saved his fastest lap to the end and snatch pole away from me.

Race
An ok start from me, and followed behind Dag in to the first corner.

On the first couple of laps I was a bit faster than Dag, but already on lap3 he started to pull away.

He built up a 6 second gap and then the gap stabilised for a few laps before he started to pull away again.

At the most the gap was around 11 seconds, and then the gap stabilised again for some laps before it started to decrease towards the end.

After the race I saw that I was 10,5 seconds behind my total race time when testing. So that was a bit disappointing. Then it doesn’t help much being consistent.

Overall happy with the start of the season.

Congratulations to Dag for a well deserved victory and to tago for joining us on the podium.

Tim, not sure if you were on a non stopper or a one stop strategy. But if you are struggling with the BRM, you are welcome to take the Cooper.
Last edited by André Jahren on 19 Jan 2024, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

Dag_Johnsen

Post by Dag_Johnsen » 19 Jan 2024, 06:27

Grats Andrè and Josè Luis for joining me on the podium.

Its been a while since I touched a wheel and it certainly felt a bit rusty but it was fun to get going again. I do hate Kyalami though, my worst track in all honesty. Cant find the speed there. Impressive times in the BRM Andrè.

I really liked the new dgp version , the wear was predictable and matched the driving input very nicely. The zero stop was a bit of a challenge but not worse than I could keep the car on track.

See you guys next round.