Carsten Theile

Re: 2018

Post by Carsten Theile » 16 Jan 2018, 13:13

Dag_Johnsen wrote:seems very hard to quantify accuratetly how much time gained that can be attributed to the transmission itself.
If you still brake with the same foot as before and driving with just one hand on the wheel is just the same as with two hands, it could be quantifiable, since pretty much only one variable has changed.
You can take the replays of your two best laps (old and new), load them in GPLRA, go to the graphs option and tick the boxes that display the time difference and the track map. This way, you can get the difference between the two shifting methods from the beginning of a straight to its end. Take that by 4 or whichever number of straights there would be and you'll have the time difference for your average GPL track.
The more samples you have, the better.
Dag_Johnsen wrote:Ive watched through some LRN rpy`s and I can see that my gearbox is faster , hear it as well. It FEELS better but it doesnt make me go faster , not yet anyway , and when I go faster I would like to think its mostly because of practice and laps driven , not so much the equippment. Allthough that is a factor as well. Ive upgraded pedals as well with longer and more refined axis and that makes me quicker due to higher refinement in throttle and braking. Same goes for everybody I would assume.
Yep, I'd say so.
By the way, for the first 6 months after switching to heel'n'toe and shifter, I was using a clutch threshold setting of 50% until I found it was time to go to 90% because the lower setting seemed a smidge too quick to me.
Dag_Johnsen wrote:Considering that this is a freely available product for anyone to get I dont really see why I should tweak it to make it slower to level the playingfield. Im of the opinion that anything that is available to everyone can be utilised to each drivers own advantage as long as it doesnt entail any form of tweaks or exclusive functions that other drivers dont have access to. In the spirit of F1 its not a hundred percent equal , nor do I think it should be. I think everybody should have the option to go as fast as they possibly can within the limits of the game. And if there are differences in equippment then so be it. We also drive different cars and run different set ups.
It's not freely available when the device is $60 and out of stock. :-P
Nor is GPLShift "within the limits of the game", strictly speaking, which is why I always make it a point to show I'd be just as quick anyway.

You make a good point about the different chassis. However, we have a compensation for those, too: chassis points.
David Breedveld wrote:Does anyone wants the chassis points to change?
:lookin:

-1 point for cars that are equipped with GPLShift without clutch. :naughty: The few tenths gained are about same as the difference between Lotus and Eagle/Ferrari, whichever happens to be the closest rival, depending on the track.

Anyone who uses a shifter without the clutch could run some tests and see if they agree with my assessment.
Last edited by Carsten Theile on 17 Jan 2018, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

Dag_Johnsen

Post by Dag_Johnsen » 17 Jan 2018, 18:07

Well its available for anyone to buy even though it might be out of stock is what I meant. And 60 bucks for this aint no robbery imo. So its comercially available and Im sure other developers have alternatives that are same same but different.

Lets see what other drivers say , either way is fine by me , regulation or no regulation.

Bastian Grupp

Post by Bastian Grupp » 19 Jan 2018, 10:11

Puhh, i'm out of this....i'm still driving original, shifting very modern with paddles on the wheel and no additional software even i now own the g27 shifter and a third pedal. But only at one place of residence. I just don't find the time geting used to that new stuff. it's a grave change and i would have to switch systems when i'm in munich.

David Breedveld

Post by David Breedveld » 19 Jan 2018, 18:03

I suggest this calendar for EOLC in 2018

11 February - Mexico - 33 laps
11 March - Rouen - 30 laps
22 April - Silverstone - 40 laps
20 May - Nürburgring - 8 laps
9 September - Zandvoort - 45 laps
23 September - Solitude - 18 laps
18 November - Kyalami - 40 laps
30 December - Lange Ringnacht (Nürburgring)

For the Challenge Cup, your best 5 races (of 7 races) count.
If this calendar is okay, I'll post this list in a new thread: Calendar EOLC 2018 :dance:

Radek Petera

Post by Radek Petera » 21 Jan 2018, 00:32

I'm in :idea:

Rainer Alpen

Post by Rainer Alpen » 21 Jan 2018, 09:25

sounds good for me :daumenrauf:

Dag_Johnsen

Post by Dag_Johnsen » 21 Jan 2018, 11:25

:daumenrauf: