Bikernieki January 19th , round 1.

gpl dirtgear league
Dag_Johnsen

Bikernieki January 19th , round 1.

Post by Dag_Johnsen » 12 Jan 2023, 01:58

So we are back with a new forum home. Thank you David and Olaf , good job.

New season is only a week away. Pre qual server is running on IGOR.

Business as usual , 44 laps.

GLA!

André Jahren

Re: Bikernieki January 19th , round 1.

Post by André Jahren » 12 Jan 2023, 08:35

Reserved

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 17 Jan 2023, 16:11

Here is a track.ini with a wider starting grid:
http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/trackiniBIKER.zip

And I would recommend to all clients to edit this line to:
lane_bounds_dlat = -10.0 -3.5
So the pitstallboard is earlier to see I think.

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 18 Jan 2023, 12:45

Thanks Olaf,

I will copy the track.ini to the server.

Br
André

tagomago

Post by tagomago » 19 Jan 2023, 22:22

:) :) :)
What a great time on the track... I am very happy to be back on the track with this good group of friends. :daumenrauf:

Great Robert ... close pole and victory :king: Tim and Andre podiums. :champagner:

I had less time than I wanted to prepare for this one but I did a good job working on the rhythm of the race and also looking for the right line to avoid stepping on the grass.

Overall good although at various times I touched and then I struggled to get back on the lap by lap.

In the Q I managed to get in line with Bjorn and Olaf ... then Seb surprised us all by going to the front.

I had some interesting laps with Olaf at the start and I noticed that in our rhythm the guys in front of us didn't escape so we were a good group with similar lap times.

A small mistake of Olaf made me relax in the next braking (idiot that I am), so Olaf goes to the front.

Then I managed to settle on the track and ride with Bjorn for a while ... I get lapped and I'm happy because I manage well to pull away ...

Olaf failed on the entry to the finish straight and I overtook him ...

Rainer came with his eagle and a better pace recovering position.

I alternated laps of balanced pace with some touch of grass that made me suffer and slow down the pace

Finally I approached Bjorn again ... but although I was riding at a similar pace I could not threaten his position.

and so the laps were falling ... lapped again ... oops ... again very well ... ;)

and finally the icing on the cake is that Seb after a very good race in front of the car is limping and overtook him in the same finishing straight.

Congratulations Seb ... the result has nothing to do with the enjoyment on the track ... and in this one you had a good time battling ;)

A pleasure to be back on track
A pleasure to see Robert take the victory
Great fun
Thx all for racing :mrgreen:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator and reviewed by me

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 19 Jan 2023, 22:31

Good to be back with HIES :daumenrauf:

In quali soon set a PB lap, even when the first sector wasn't optimal. Rest of the lap was great though. Despite being a slower track, it has a good flow and some challenging corner combo's. It's a blast to drive and a fast clean lap is very rewarding. It was close with Tim and André. I did rely on my banker lap, as it was a PB, and focussed on the race setup.

Start was solid and held on to the lead, with André and Tim following close. André stayed close initially, but my pace was slightly better and I was able to inch away every lap for a few tenths. At some point Tim passed André, and I started to struggle with tiretemps, tirewear and the balance of the car. Tim had the better pace, and was closing in from 5s to 3s behind. But I found my stride back, controlling the tires a bit better, and Tim seemed to have some problems as the gap increased considerably.

Had plenty of fuel and pitted after 23 laps. After the pitstop I had a 17s lead on André, and later 23s on Tim. Managed the pace last 10 laps and was focussed not to make a mistake en route to the checkered flag! :Brm

Congrats Tim and André for podium. You both had the pace, but lacked consistency I think. It's a tricky track though, also hard on the tires, at least for BRM.

Well done all for finishing. Bad luck DNFs. Thanks all for racing, also thanks to the lapped cars. Thanks to the HIES team for org! :)

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 19 Jan 2023, 23:14

Not a good day behind the steering wheel.

Noticed on my long run before the race today that I had some pain in my right wrist.
And unfortunately it just got worse during the Qualifying session and the Race.

It was a shame because my long run earlier today was promising as I was able to do lap times between 1:22:1 and 1:22:6 through out the stint.

Congratulations to Robert for claiming a comfortable victory, and Tim who finished second.

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 20 Jan 2023, 08:28

Sorry to hear André, I hope you're back to full strength next race! ;)

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 20 Jan 2023, 13:29

Result: http://f1historicesports.com/GPL/bikern ... index.html

Code: Select all

PITSTOP LISTING

15:24	 30.0s	D.Johnsen	Repair
  25:23	 44.2s	R.Alpen		Repair/Tire change
  32:30	 27.8s	R.Fleurke	Tire change/Refuel
  32:53	 28.4s	T.Roedl		Tire change/Refuel
  33:08	 43.6s	O.Lehmann	Repair/Tire change/Refuel
  34:11	 29.1s	A.Jahren	Tire change/Refuel
Every time a new season starts, I am amazed at how reliably the hard core remains loyal to the league and at the same time that no one new finds their way into the league. I am shocked about the latter every year.
This time there were only 9 people in the first race. I wasn't really happy about that.

But then liked the race because Tago, Bjorn and I were close together.
I am happy that I was able to keep up with my competitors. That's not bad for the first Ferrari race in many years. I only finished last, but without
but without mistakes it could have been 6th or 5th.
Congratulations to Robert, Tim and André!

Every time a new season starts I'm amazed at how reliably the hard core stays loyal to the league and at the same time that nobody new finds its way into the league. I am shocked about the latter every year.
This time there were only 9 people in the first race. I wasn't really happy about that.
Last edited by Olaf Lehmann on 21 Jan 2023, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.

tim

Post by tim » 20 Jan 2023, 16:03

Very happy about my second place - and now I know why it was relatively easy to beat André (I hope you will be back in old strength soon, buddy!!)

It was my second time on this track and I started to like it after pitstop - befor I almost hated it -to slippy, no possibility to overtake, etc.. my thinking. Now I almost like it ;)

As I am an old guy I had to start it easy, had a bad start and saw André passing easy. Ok, don´t worry, stay focused, find your rhythm -my plan. After a few laps I found it, could follow André and Robert and found hope: maybe attack a little bit?
Which resulted, after a tiny mistake of André, in P2. I even was surprised that he didn´t fight harder -now I know.
Then I even closed up to Robert, thought that he could have a tyre/heat-problem with his heavy ship and got excited by thinking of overtaking a worldchamp :)
All this -hard work, old man is sweating like an icebear, but fully motivated and concentrated, also Cooper-setup working like a charm. Then, one lap ahead of pitstopping a big tear of sweat dropped right in my left eye just before the hairpin after the SF-line. Blind on my left eye, went wide, twisted in the gras and saw André pulling away. Ok, don´t give up my thinking..

After pitstop I found my pace, could again overtake André (again without conterfight) and bring home P2.

Thank you all for whatching your mirrors -a real plessure to drive with you all!

Super consistancy Robert, as always! Well done. I catch you next time ;)
Hopefully I can beat you again André -very awaiting some fights. Thank you for driving with big overview!

Gratulations to all finishers!

CU soon!