André Jahren

Re: Oulton Park , Apr. 13th - Round 6

Post by André Jahren » 13 Apr 2023, 22:07

I also used the new patch today and had no problems

snafu

Post by snafu » 13 Apr 2023, 22:30

Well, Not the race I wanted and I didn't exactly cover myself in glory. :kratz:
A totally unforced error at the hairpin put me backwards into the advertising hoardings and I was trapped.

Had a minor coming together with Tagomago when I committed to a pass at the end of the straight. The Brabham doesn't often get a chance against an Eagle so I had to go for it. I got it stopped (Just) but ran a little wide on the exit and his front right lightly caught my left rear. I don't think any damage was done to either of us but sorry if it was a harsh pass.

I think I may have a few issues with my installation...
The DG Pribluda display will take some getting used to visually, but for some reason my laps were not counting down so I had no idea how many laps I had done and wasn't really sure when to pit. ?(

Also I have a weird issue with my setups. I'm aware of the need to not save setups with the gear failure but what I am seeing looks very much like that. I had a preferred setup which showed perfectly in GPLSA but when I went into GPL 4th and 5th were identical (Same as 5th originally). I used a different setup in the end which although wasn't ideal didn't seem to be affected.

I'm still not 100% sure of what I should and shouldn't have installed. I downloaded the file from here.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=130&sid=fafb223a18 ... 7d3a3de5fc

I then installed the file dirtgear811.xml along with the revised pribluda ini and dll I also tried using the file dirtgear811_savepitarea.xml But GPL wouldn't even load if I selected it in Gem. I didn't install any specific track.ini Should I for future races? (I never got as far as a pitstop so do not know what would have happened).

So mixed emotions after that one, Glad to have got as far as I did without blowing the engine or damaging suspension etc, but I was always on edge and conscious I have a lot to learn.

I decided to watch the live stream for the final 10 laps or so but the replay director didn't seem to be active. It was just showing the pits with cars flashing past.

Again Sorry to Tagomago for the contact at the end of the straight.

TTFN
John.
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2 from 3.

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 13 Apr 2023, 22:33

Quali was Ok, just did enough to claim Pole, but it was close.

Also I struggled on Lap 1 and had to drive a bit defensive to keep André behind. But from then onwards had a good pace and built a gap. Towards the pitstop I had more than a 10s lead to Rainer and André. But when I pitted halfway, Will occupied my pitstall (he must not have installed the updated track.ini or the new patch), and had to wait until he completed his pitstop. That put me off, but I just held on to the lead. Rainer's pitstall was way beyond the pit area BTW, so something's off...

Second stint paced myself, and despite an off, was able to get a decent gap and manage it to the end. I was particularly happy with my pace early race, except for Lap 1. André pushed me to good laptimes.

Congrats Rainer and André for podium, and well done finishers. :daumenrauf: Bad luck DNFs...
Last edited by Robert Fleurke on 14 Apr 2023, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.

William Tway

Post by William Tway » 13 Apr 2023, 22:47

Robert,

Yes I installed the updated ini and I used the new DirtgearSavePitarea.

I saw you there but still needed repairs so I quit. Glad it all worked out for ya.

Cheers,

Will

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 13 Apr 2023, 22:57

Qual
Did not get the perfect lap in to snatch pole away from Robert, but happy with a new PB.

Race
Pushed Robert good on the first lap, but after that I did not have the pace to follow. As we past half way through on the first stint I did struggle a lot with my tires and Rainer closed the gap and past me 4 laps before my piststop.

As I pitted I understod that Robert had lost some time during the pit stop as Rainer exited just a few seconds after him.

Had a more consistent last stint and was between 4 and 2 seconds behind Rainer. Then I made a mistake going in to turn 1 with 6 or 7 laps remaining, out breaked my self and hit the wall. Managed to limp back to the pit for repairs. Had a big gap back to Dag, so i did not loss any positions.

Congratulation to Robert, you had a great race pace today. And well done to Rainer for a nice P2.

William Tway

Post by William Tway » 13 Apr 2023, 23:12

Maybe this will help shed some light on the issue....My track files

https://postimg.cc/qt3MyQGr

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 13 Apr 2023, 23:15

Also I have a weird issue with my setups. I'm aware of the need to not save setups with the gear failure but what I am seeing looks very much like that. I had a preferred setup which showed perfectly in GPLSA but when I went into GPL 4th and 5th were identical (Same as 5th originally). I used a different setup in the end which although wasn't ideal didn't seem to be affected.
See the note in the dirtgear NEWS thread.
I then installed the file dirtgear811.xml along with the revised pribluda ini and dll I also tried using the file dirtgear811_savepitarea.xml But GPL wouldn't even load if I selected it in Gem.
The first version had a problem. If your xml file is older than 8.4.2023 please download again and try again.
The DG Pribluda display will take some getting used to visually, but for some reason my laps were not counting down so I had no idea how many laps I had done and wasn't really sure when to pit. ?(
The number of driven laps should be displayedin the player/leaderboard and please do not useOldSectorTimeFormat=1, but useOldSectorTimeFormat = 0.
I didn't install any specific track.ini Should I for future races? (I never got as far as a pitstop so do not know what would have happened).
Yes, you should use track.ini if the new dg version does not work.
I have an idea how we could avoid chaos in the future - if the new version works. For that I first have to follow Will's case when I have the server replay. A little patience please...

My race was quite entertaining. I fought with Will for a long time: first he got past due to a mistake on my part, then vice versa.
At the end I hoped to catch Tago, but then I hit the grass -> spun -> the dream was over...

Congratulations to Robert - victory despite pit confusion!

BR Olaf

snafu

Post by snafu » 13 Apr 2023, 23:31

Great, thanks Olaf, Yes it does appear I have the previous version, I'll re download and see how it works when the practice server is up for the next round.

Your explanation in the Dirtgear thread solved my setup problem. :daumenrauf:

Thanks

TTFN
John.
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2 from 3.

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 14 Apr 2023, 10:07

Code: Select all

PITSTOP LISTING

4:39	 27.6s	S.gore		Repair
  29:47	 28.4s	D.Johnsen	Tire change/Refuel
  30:04	 36.4s	W.Tway		Repair/Refuel
  30:15	 37.8s	R.Fleurke	Tire change/Refuel
  30:29	 28.0s	R.Alpen		Tire change/Refuel
  30:33	 28.9s	A.Jahren	Tire change/Refuel
  31:08	 31.2s	B.Finnestad	Tire change
  31:41	 28.1s	O.Lehmann	Tire change/Refuel
  54:34	 29.3s	A.Jahren	Repair

Good to hear the gear ratio problem is solved...and I'm sure dg version from 8/4/2023 works. :)

because of the Pitarea problems yesterday I better write in the dirtgear NEWS thread.
Here's just this: Will, you obviously didn't do anything wrong.

Dag_Johnsen

Post by Dag_Johnsen » 14 Apr 2023, 11:01

I had a decent start and managed to hang with Tim for a while but I cooked my tires doing it so had to let him go at some point. Ran out of fuel (again) like a complete idiot. Filled to 18 laps and figured I had a little extra like I always do but no. So the 2nd stint I had to fuel manage but that wasnt enough so I had to stop for fuel with a lap to go. Robert lapped me precisely at that point so the checkered flag was out but I drove the last lap anywhoo..

Grats Robert , Rainer and Andrè. Well done.