Oulton Park , Apr. 13th - Round 6

gpl dirtgear league
Robert Fleurke

Re: Oulton Park , Apr. 13th - Round 6

Post by Robert Fleurke » 14 Apr 2023, 13:35

Dag_Johnsen wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 11:01
Robert lapped me precisely at that point so the checkered flag was out but I drove the last lap anywhoo..
Bjorn did just finish the last lap in the pitlane. He obviously thought the checkered flag was for him, but it was for me! ;)

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 14 Apr 2023, 14:22

Contacts and penalties
17:56 tagomago/John Hammonds DG - No further action

William Tway

Post by William Tway » 14 Apr 2023, 14:27

Olaf,

I'm thinking maybe my track67.ini file caused the issue. I've never really paid attention to it but it does have different values than track.ini.

Also for what it;s worth, I went it for repairs but must've not hit "R" fast enough and got new tyres and fuel but car wasn't repaired as indicated in the log. Left pits and the Fez was still pulling hard to the right....

Race:

Great fun overall and lasted longer than expected as I find Oulton very difficult to maintain concentration. Had a ton of fun racing Olaf and then chasing Dag but made a crucial mistake on the uphill bit and fell off and hit the hill and sustained significant damage but made it to the pits but thats when all hell broke loose. Saw the BRM on my pipe and knew something was amiss so when my crew let me go, I bailed with fuel and tyres, no repair.

Grats to all that participated. Was nice having 10 or 11 on the grid.

WD podium.

Will

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 14 Apr 2023, 14:39

No, Will. You have used the new dg version. It is using the pitlane Stall values from server. So your track.ini cannot make any difference in position of your pit.

Yes, it was a nice fight.
In general, I was once again amazed at the level of the league. If you make a small to medium mistake, you lose a lot of places. And then you think: surely the others will make a mistake soon. But that happens so rarely...

Bjørn Finnestad

Post by Bjørn Finnestad » 14 Apr 2023, 21:51

Grats Robert, Rainer and André, well done finishers, bad luck DNFs.

Install: Updated ini and the new DirtgearSavePitarea.
Gasoline: Tank filled for full race.
Tire wear: extensive, necessary to pit when those in front entered.

A great race, but not free for errors, I had some trips at the grass but saved the car back in.
Robert Fleurke wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 13:35
Bjorn did just finish the last lap in the pitlane. He obviously thought the checkered flag was for him, but it was for me! ;)
The end of the race, on the other hand, I had no control over, which for me became unclear afterwards. Perhaps Pribluda menu took too much attention a round before finish. A fun stint that I got to the finish line in pit with this small margin was special. I wouldn't have noticed it without checking the replay. :grin:

Missed the stream on this and the previous race that follows the drivers, would surely have been good with good races on great tracks.

Thanks to everyone for the race, administration, and programming. See you at Brands Hatch. :)

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 15 Apr 2023, 21:40

Bjørn Finnestad wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 21:51
Missed the stream on this and the previous race that follows the drivers, would surely have been good with good races on great tracks.
Last two races the stream had a fixed pitlane cam. Indeed I hope as well it gets back to previous quality, it adds a special dimension :)

snafu

Post by snafu » 16 Apr 2023, 03:03

Robert Fleurke wrote:
15 Apr 2023, 21:40
Bjørn Finnestad wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 21:51
Last two races the stream had a fixed pitlane cam. Indeed I hope as well it gets back to previous quality, it adds a special dimension :)
Completely agree. It was disappointing after my demise to attempt to watch the closing stages on the stream only to see the pitlane. It also seems the main page needs an update to reflect the move to Igor from Vroc.. Only a minor point I admit but continuity is a cheap way of attracting new victi.. Erm racers.

TTFN John.
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2 from 3.

Dag_Johnsen

Post by Dag_Johnsen » 16 Apr 2023, 11:50

Not sure what the deal with the livestream is. Ive notified Andrè about it , he will look into it when he gets around to it.

tagomago

Post by tagomago » 22 Apr 2023, 21:51

snafu wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 22:30

Had a minor coming together with Tagomago when I committed to a pass at the end of the straight. The Brabham doesn't often get a chance against an Eagle so I had to go for it. I got it stopped (Just) but ran a little wide on the exit and his front right lightly caught my left rear. I don't think any damage was done to either of us but sorry if it was a harsh pass.

Again Sorry to Tagomago for the contact at the end of the straight.

TTFN
John.
Apologies for the delay in posting :oops2:

Nothing to forgive, it's just a race throw in the dispute for position ... a pleasure to ride with you :prost:

Very happy for my performance because I could prepare very little ... and this time it was a pleasure to be lapped by Robert and then by Rainer :prost:

See you at Brands :daumenrauf: