Silverstone, May 25th - Round 9

gpl dirtgear league
Olaf Lehmann

Silverstone, May 25th - Round 9

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 21 May 2023, 10:28

Here is a track.ini (track67.ini) with wider grid:
http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/trackiniSILVER.zip
In this case I haven't changed the pitstalls, because 13 metres difference is a lot of room.

tagomago

Re: Silverstone, May 25th - Round 9

Post by tagomago » 25 May 2023, 14:25

Great to see you Robert in the Qualifying list :daumenrauf:

Hope to share track with André and Rainer too today :prost:

Good luck all ;)

snafu

Post by snafu » 25 May 2023, 20:47

Beginning to think I'm not cut out for this.

Changing up to 5th down the Hangar straight and it simply didn't register and either went to 3rd or neutral., Blew the engine when I hit the throttle..

TTFN
John.
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2 from 3.

Robert Fleurke

Post by Robert Fleurke » 25 May 2023, 22:16

Sorry to hear, John.

I wasn't happy with my laptime in quali but still front row.

Rainer took the lead from Pole, and I held on to P2. Tim also was not far away. Then in the race I had incredible RF tire wear, despite using an assymetrical brake bias setup. Therefore I had a lot of understeer in the fast lefthanders. I did pit after 19 laps, and then paced myself and tried to avoid locking up the RF tire all the time. It was all about finishing second, and I was quite tired as well.

Rainer was way too quick in the Eagle, congrats on a dominant win! Also well done Dag for podium! Well done finishers, bad luck DNFs...

André Jahren

Post by André Jahren » 26 May 2023, 06:16

Qual
Not a good qualifying session for me. Did way to many mistakes, and was not able to put together a good qualifying lap.

Race
An okey start and followed behind Tim in to turn 1.
Made a mistake already on entry to Chapel and spun off in to the gras.
Found my self last.

Then I managed to get past a few before I again made a mistake and spun again as I was passing Tago on the inside in Woodcote. Lucky to not get hit by anyone.

Managed to get back up to 4th place before my pitstop

Pitted on lap 21, but made a mistake during my pitstop. As soon as I had refuelled I pulled away only to realise that I had not seen the last bump confirming that I had got new tires. Managed to revers back in to my pitbox, but I think I was not able to get it out of revers before the last bump came. So I didn't get any new tires.

The last stint was really bad with a lot of mistakes. And ended up p5 in the end.

Not a good day at the track, in the end just happy to score some points.

Congratulations to Rainer for a great win, and to Robert and Dag for joining him on he podium.
Last edited by André Jahren on 27 May 2023, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.

tim

Post by tim » 26 May 2023, 12:40

Congratulations Rainer -a great win! Robert and Dag for podium!
Well done Dag, you brought it home. Your speed was to fast for me - I had to go under full risk all the way, and my luck lasted until lap 9 when I hit an inside curb and went off. This resulted in a repair-session and a hunt from p8->p4. In this case my race was fun, Silverstone seems a great track for DGP!

Olaf Lehmann

Post by Olaf Lehmann » 26 May 2023, 16:32

Code: Select all

PITSTOP LISTING

12:36	 62.4s	B.Finnestad	Repair/Tire change/Refuel
  16:24	 44.3s	T.Roedl		Repair
  29:08	 43.3s	R.Fleurke	Tire change/Refuel
  30:28	 43.2s	R.Alpen		Tire change/Refuel
  30:34	 42.3s	O.Lehmann	Tire change/Refuel
  30:51	 44.3s	D.Johnsen	Tire change/Refuel
  32:48	 45.5s	A.Jahren	Refuel
  33:25	 41.4s	T.Roedl		Tire change/Refuel
I had big problems when the tyres were used for more than 10 laps - especially in Abbey corner.

Nice fight at the end with Seb, who was more balanced than me today and rightly won the battle.

Grats to Rainer, Seb and all between both.

BR Olaf

Bjørn Finnestad

Post by Bjørn Finnestad » 26 May 2023, 20:33

Grats Rainer, Robert and Dag, well done finishers, :daumenrauf: bad luck DNFs.

Test, prequal and qual was good, managed to better my T and P pb's for Brabham on this iconic track. ;)

The race I will forget. Not my day. I was disqualified because I drove far off the track and found a place to get back in, but the track crews didn't like that, then DQ. Continued the race following the recommendation to overlook the DQ, was a bit unsure if my case is allowed in this HIES regulation, I have cut a track restriction likely. It means nothing now because I ended out, upside down after half the distance of the race.

Thanks for race, see you at Phillip Island. :)

tagomago

Post by tagomago » 27 May 2023, 10:57

This has been a singular Grand Prix for me because I managed to lower my times in the pre-qualy ... but when I face a GP improving it is an omen of bad results.

So for different reasons of the others I progressed well during the first half of the race ... however I could not get rid of the first lap nerves riding with more tension than necessary.

Around lap 22 I began to notice that my brake foot was more stiff than normal as a result of that unchanneled tension and I ended up leaving the track and could not return to the pits to do magic.

Even so a pleasure to ride with you ... congratulations to podium and finishers.

:)